Saturday, July 12, 2008

Back In The Day

Back in the summer of Aught-One things were very different than they are today. 9/11 hadn't happened. Gas was cheap. I had more hair than I do now. My fingers, knees, and elbows didn't hurt all the time. The effete Emo scene had not yet infiltrated the climbing community, Jacksonville crew this means you!

Mallorca was not the DWS hotspot that it is today but a young forward thinking climber/river guide named John DuBose had a vision of his own and when he came upon a sweet ass boulder along a SC river some serious crushing ensued.


Pia the Swede
Pia

Dave from Colorado


Teva Alps don't make good climbing shoes


Heel Hook CRUSH!!!!!!
More photos to come if the 803 crew can be pursuaded to make an expedition to this secret summer spot. There isn't much in the way of bouldering outside of the boulder above but there are some good, mellow play waves for kayaking close nearby and some chill spots for beer drinking and swimming. The perfect summer paradise.


2 comments:

Ryan Brazell said...

It's been four months, my friend. I'm just sayin'...

Ben said...

I am so in to make the trek from Bamer to this secret spot that first pic is call ing my name hardocre please inform